Friday, March 13, 2015

Review ~ Life On Pause by H.Q. Frost..

http://radicalreadsbook.blogspot.com/2015/03/review-life-on-pause-by-hq-frost.html
Synopsis
She found love right before it was shipping off to the army and he finally admitted it ten hours before deployment.
Two best friends, Ash and Cammy, finally come clean about their feelings for each other, but Ash is leaving for the army in the morning and neither know when he’ll be back. When Ash asks Cammy to wait for him, they make a promise that only the strongest love can withstand. Patience are tried and tested as Cammy grows into a woman Ash has never met. Convolution renders more set backs in their lives and when all seems to balance out, inexcusable hatred threatens to tear their worlds apart.
 
Excerpt

   He stared at the table and she stared at him. “I just don’t get her,” he mumbled more to himself. 
 “Ash.” Jessica shoved the rest of her brownie in her mouth then sat. Putting her hand up to block her lips while she talked with her mouthful, she asked, “You do know Cammy’s a virgin, right?”
    He looked at her with furrowed brows. “Holt?” he said in confusion.
  “No. Not like that. Not that kind of sex. I mean, I can’t really tell you what they’ve exactly done, but I do know for a fact, she hasn’t given herself like that.” She lowered her voice to a whisper to say, “Intercourse,” then spoke in her normal, soft tone again, “She’s been waiting to give that to you. That girl is crazy about you.” She beamed at him and when he didn’t smile and the confusion stayed on his face, her smile fell. “Oh shit.” She stood and huffed, angry at herself. “I’m telling you things I don’t think I’m supposed to be telling you. Shit. Okay.” She glanced around. “Please don’t tell her I told you. She’ll pistol whip me. Please don’t tell her.”
  Her pistol whip comment made Ash burst into laughter. “Cammy won’t even look at a gun. Her pistol whipping you….” He narrowed his eyes and looked at her with a cute smirk. “I’m just not seeing it.”

5 Star Review
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow ! This is one hell of a story with fantastic character development. Unforgettable, heart gripping, story of love, loss and sadly forgotten. Parts of this book made me want to scream and others made me cry, by the time I finished this story I emotionally drained.
 photo image2.gif


My one word to describe this would be epic.. I was on the edge of my seat this entire book. I Love it when a book can knock me off my feet and this one did.
falling down photo:  tumblr_m6vc7pABrH1rscrg1.gif

    Ash has loved Cammy all his life they have grown up together and have been there for each other through every painful and joyful moment in their life. Graduation day and just hours before he is to leave for the army he professes his love to Cammy and begs her to wait for him.

Fast forward 5 years.
   Cammy has developed a reputation of the Ice Queen. She has become harden, not letting anyone get close to her. She has waited and held onto her virginity for Ash as promised but, after 5 years of waiting with no word from Ash she has lost hope knowing he has been in contact with everyone but, the one person he promised to call and write to every chance he got. She is done waiting for someone who has obviously forgotten about her.

Holt is so in love with Cammy. He has spent the last year with her in a no sex relationship with her. He doesn't care he just loves her and wants to be with her. The day she decides its time to move on is the day Ash  returns.
 
 photo 1znuagh.gif

I found it impossible to put this book down and I cannot wait to read more. H.Q. Frost never fails to take you on journey of the unknown.
This is a fantastic read. You will scream, beg, cry and you will even be afraid to turn the page, but its worth it...
ugly cry photo: Cry crycrybaby.gif

I was graciously given an ARC copy of Life On Pause by the Author for an honest review.
Thank you H.q. Frost...

Christy
Radical Reads Book Blog !


Life On Pause: Book 1
Now Available:  Amazon  
Add it to: GOODREADS       


Author Links
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9870795.H_Q_Frost?from_search=true
Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/H.Q.FrostAuthor
Blog : http://deliciousdictator.blogspot.com/
Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/H.Q.-Frost/e/B00RZTAX4M/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_4?qid=1425358755&sr=8-4

No comments:

Post a Comment